About Me

There isn't much to know. I'm trying to be more like Audrey Hepburn and less like Lucille Ball. And honestly, I'm not trying that hard.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Blogging, Less Slacking

I've been claiming that I have a blog for over a year now.  I've been shyly suggesting that my friends become followers of my blog for about eight months.  I have been drafting blog posts in my head for about two years.  A pretty active blog-life if you ask me.  But what I have failed to actually do is consistently write my blog.

Some of this is due to laziness.  Okay, most of this is due to laziness.  But some of it is also to do with fear of ridicule and embarrassment and elaborate daydreams that I have about people telling me how much they hate my blog and then throwing orange juice on me.

To get over this irrational fear I look to Audrey and Lucy for help.  We'll start with the fact that Audrey would never write a blog.  That doesn't help, it suggests that I should stop.  But if we suppose that Audrey did write a blog, it would be fabulous and everyone would love it.  If Lucy wrote a blog, which seems more likely, and if that blog were ridiculous and people didn't like it and threw half-full, extra pulpy glasses of orange juice at her, Lucy would probably just wail for a minute and then forget about what those people think.  In this one case, I think I want to be more like Lucy.

And so I've decided to write my little heart out.  I've decided to write a post every day in February.  You may notice that I didn't post a blog yesterday right after deciding to write a post every day.  Well, all I can say is, how very Lucy of me....

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea I could be loud and scary..I'll keep that in mind,it could be useful.

    -Fish

    PS
    Lock your doors

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least pulpy orange juice is better than milk, which has a much higher phlegm factor.

    ReplyDelete