About Me

There isn't much to know. I'm trying to be more like Audrey Hepburn and less like Lucille Ball. And honestly, I'm not trying that hard.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More Sushi, Less Laundry

The laundry mat seems like it would be a really depressing place.  It's sort of shabby and in my slightly snobby way I've always considered it a last resort, only frequented by those who aren't well-off enough to afford their own laundry machines or those who rent in big cities (and aren't well-off enough to afford an apartment with laundry).  

But I don't find it depressing.  I sort of like it.  Other than the soda machine that just stole a dollar fifty from me, it's a pretty great place.  It smells nice, I can watch the news, there are tables to fold my clothes on, no one is looking at me funny for eating my take-out sushi with the same hands I am about to fold clothes with, and my clothes are getting clean in a remarkably efficient amount of time.  

I think if i was really rich, I would just get 4 washers and 4 dryers and have my own little laundry mat.  You might wonder why, if I was that rich, I wouldn't just hire someone to do my laundry.  Well, I don't want to be that sort of rich person.  

I would have my sushi chef make me elaborate sushi dinners while I did my laundry.  I might even put in one of those rotating sushi bars in my in-house laundry mat.   And maybe the sushi chef could just start and change the loads for me while I sip drinks on the veranda.  While he's at it, he can just fold the clothes and put them away.  And serve me the sushi (again on the veranda).  Ok, I guess I would be that sort of rich person.  

But, I'd buy my sushi chef 4 washers and 4 dryers so he could get this warm, fuzzy laundry mat feeling that I have going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment