About Me

There isn't much to know. I'm trying to be more like Audrey Hepburn and less like Lucille Ball. And honestly, I'm not trying that hard.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Can Dogs be Narcoleptic?

Well, Boomer arrived a few hours late, but safely, on Wednesday.  He is incredibly adorable and very sweet, and VERY looooow energy.

Now, let me explain a few things.  I've never really had a dog and although I love them, have always wanted one, and am comfortable with them, I really know very little about them.  Also, I am generally a pretty nervous person.  So everything Boomer does gives me pause and his lack of energy is odd to me.  He doesn't play, he doesn't fetch, he barely eats, and he seems content with two 15 minute walks per day.  Don't get me wrong, having a dog that just wants to snuggle and sleep is a dream come true.  But I'm working on a few theories to explain his unusually relaxed attitude.  He is either a.) scared and unfamiliar with his new surroundings and it is making him mellow rather than excitable; b.) His age is misplaced and he is really 13; or c.) He is a Narcoleptic. Can dogs be Narcoleptic?

Also, he doesn't seem to love treats or bones or anything.  Today we had to teach him that bacon tastes good.  So now I think maybe -- and don't take this to mean that I would love him any less -- now I'm thinking he might be dumb as a brick.  I mean, who needs to be told that bacon tastes good?  Anyway, I have to go wake my dog up to try to make him eat.  Peace out ya'll.  

No comments:

Post a Comment